Mt Hawthorn Community Church, 9 January 2010
We are working our way slowly through a series based on Richard Foster’s book Streams of Living Water. Let me reorientate you to the idea of the streams. Foster describes six streams or traditions of spirituality. Each one emphasises a different aspect of the Christian life. Each one can be traced back to Jesus himself.
- The contemplative stream is a spirituality of prayer and intimacy with God.
- The charismatic stream is a spirituality empowered by the Holy Spirit and emphasising spiritual gifts
- The social justice stream is a spirituality of helping the poor and striving for a fairer world, working for the kingdom of God.
- The evangelical stream is a spirituality nourished by the Bible and devoted to sharing the good news of God’s love with the world.
- The incarnational stream is a spirituality of everyday life, following Jesus in the midst of…
View original post 2,376 more words